Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I've Started A Blog!

So I have finally done it... I have started a blog.  Yeah, I know, I am only 10 years late to the table, right?!?  I have thought a lot about starting a blog but never pulled the trigger.  So why now?  I mean it is not like I have anything going on in my life right now.  The 2013-2014 boys basketball season is in full swing.  I am teaching Sunday School at church.  I have taken on responsibilities at school to integrate technology.  Oh by the way I have to perform my duties as a husband, father, son and brother too!  Why not throw one more thing in the mix?  To be honest I am really excited about doing this.  The blog will be all over the place... sports, religion, education, politics, parenting, music, business, you name it, I will probably chime in on it. 

That leads me to the title of the blog;  Mr. Daddy Coach.  It is combination of the different hats I wear on a daily basis.  I am looking to share my life as a teacher, father/husband and coach.  This is the time of the year where basketball kicks in and I see less and less of my family.  This is really difficult on the boys and my wife.  To be honest it is hard on me as well.  However, the sacrifice is one that I am willing to make, because I have to believe that I am helping to make an impact with my players.  I was reading a passage in Acts the other day that made me think of this.  Acts 20:35- "In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive."  I know though that I must balance that role and honestly, that has been the toughest part of coaching and being a husband/father. 

I hope to be able to share thoughts and ideas as well as learn from my readers.  I want to leave you with this thought from my very first blog post... there is a common saying that goes "There are three types of people in this world; those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what the heck happened."  Which one are you going to be today?

MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN!

Enjoy,

Mr. Daddy Coach Spears       

No comments:

Post a Comment